Minutes of Annual General Body Meeting of NDRI Graduates Association (NGA) held at Main Auditorium in NDRI Karnal on 24.09.2016
After the two days seminar on "Indian Dairy & Food Sector: Way Forward to Meet Future Challenges ", the Annual General Body meeting of the association was held on 24.09.2016 at NDRI Auditorium which was attended by 115 graduate alumni. The following were discussed and approved by the house:
- A two minute silence was observed for our alumni who have departed for the heavenly abode.
- The action taken report on the decisions taken during the last AGM on 26.09.2015 was tabled before the house. The minutes had been displayed on the website and no comments were received from any members. The house was satisfied with the actions taken / initiated.
- The audited financial balance sheet of the association for the year 2015 â 16 was placed before the house and was approved. The CEC informed the house that recently there has been a tax liability on the association as returns have not been submitted till date. It was suggested that the advice on the same may be sought from Income Tax consultant ensuring that the association does not face any legal problems. Necessary action as deemed fit may be taken by the CEC and informed in the next AGM.
- The association has a current strength 429 life members as on date. It was stressed that the membership base should be increased. A request was made to all members present to help and support in increasing the membership base.
- It was suggested to include Mr. P. Bandhopadhya and Dr. P. P. Atreja as Executive Members.
- In continuation to the previous year discussion four regional chapters of NGA were approved which are Rajasthan, East, West and Delhi. The house requested the Central Executive Committee (CEC) to coordinate and arrange at least one small meet in all these chapters as it will help to increase the membership base and awareness.
- The chapters should work out the modalities required and should be self sustained. They need to raise required funds, create awareness and contribute to the overall objectives of NGA. However, NGA shall support the chapters in the initial phases if required.
- The CEC requested all present to enroll themselves as registered life members of the association as well as to bring more graduates on this platform. It was also suggested by the house to promote NGA and enroll Corporate Members to further strengthen NGA and to add associating organizations other than the dairy industry to increase the level of participation.
- The website of the association www.ndrigrads.com is updated with all available information with us. However, all the members again were requested to register on the website and fill up their latest information. This would enable all to have access to the details of each other and the interaction as well as the participation would also increase.
- It was requested by the house to allow the final year B.Tech students to attend the AGM so as to bring them into the common stream and increase the participation from the students. For the student's campus placement all possible support shall be provided to the graduating students to help them in getting suitably placed. Ms. Latha Sabikhi, Mr. H R Gupta and Mr. G C Mutreja shall motivate the students and ensure that they attend the next AGM in full strength.
- The motion for election for the next Central Executive Committee (CEC) was placed before the house. The house approved for the same CEC to continue without any changes for next one year till the next Annual Meet.
- The meeting ended with a vote of thanks.
PLEASE PASS ON THIS TEXT MESSAGE TO OUR OTHER ALUMNI FRIENDS IN YOUR CONTACT WHOM WE MAY NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT IN ABSENSE OF THEIR CORRESPONDANCE DETAILS